Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Clean Collars

I have this problem. Well, actually, I don't have it. My husband does. He works outside and on many days he works with large animals. He comes home looking and smelling like a large animal! And let's just say, he has his own laundry basket!

For many months now he has been complaining that his shirts have not been coming clean. Sorry. The old washing machine was purchased long before I knew you even existed and I'm probably more intimate with it than you. Wait. That did not come out exactly how I planned it!  Bessie, the washing machine, is coming up on 20 years. She's reliable and for the most part does what is expected. He still complains.

So, with this complaint, I started looking for "easy" ways to get the beloved man's shirts clean. I found this on Pinterest a while ago and finally broke down and tried it the other day.

It is titled under "Remove Under Arm Stains"...Under arms. Neck. Same thing, right?

Here is the "Before" picture -



Gross! So, using 1 part Dawn Dish Soap, 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide and a dash of Baking Soda, I poured a little on at a time and scrubbed like a crazy woman. Threw it in the wash with the rest of his stuff and let Old Bessie do her magic.

Voila'!


Not Bad! The only problem is that I have to go back and do the rest of the shirt! Rats!

Here's a shot of the ingredients. Pretty simple and I am impressed with the results.


 Happy Scrubbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment