Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Absolutely Fabulous Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce

Oh! My! Goodness! These are Fabulous!

I swear, I have got to have a little Hispanic blood running through me! I absolutely love Mexican food, whether it is Mexican, TexMex, or anything pseudo-Mexican. When we make it to a "big" town, the handsome Cowboy asks me what I want to eat...the response is generally "Mexican"!

One other thing about me, is that I do not like to crack open a can and pour. If I can make it from scratch, I tend to do that. I just like knowing what I'm eating and feeding to my family. Now, I'm not fanatical about it, but it's just how I lean in my cooking.

So, I was cruising Pinterest (Okay, so when am I not cruising Pinterest) and I came across this recipe for Homemade Enchiladas. Oh Dear Lord! So I clicked on the pin and it took me to this recipe . I had to try it! Like the next day! So, I did.


This is NOT my picture! It's from the blog "Pink Parsley" where I got the recipe from. My enchiladas did not look nearly as pretty, but tasted absolutely amazing! The sauce is to die for and so much richer and thicker than the canned version.

At supper, my youngest literally was gulping the tasty morsels down. No chewing, no taking breaths, just gulping. Guess the little stinker liked it! the handsome Cowboy had a huge pile on his plate and decided since there were only two left that he needed to finish them...So, no leftovers for me! RATS!

This recipe is a "Keeper".

I hope you try it and love it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment