Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Joys of Cooking

I love cooking! It's exhausting, but I love the feeling in the end of having "accomplished" something. Now, where I cook leaves a little to be desired.  I have what you call a "One Butt" kitchen. It's about the right size for "one butt".



When I was single, a kitchen this size was awesome. I could move around, do things and not have to run all over the room to get what I needed. It was all right there. Another good thing about a kitchen like this is  that it's not that big and cleaning isn't that hard. No, I didn't admit to actually cleaning the kitchen...or wiping down the cabinets...or anything like that. I'm just saying, it's not "that" hard to clean.

There are a few problems with a "One Butt" kitchen-

  • My backside appears to be growing...I attribute it to "aging", but the experts would probably say it has more to do with food choices and an appropriate level of exercise...sigh.
  • There is now more than "one butt" trying to get into the kitchen at the same time. Resulting in Cook #1 raising her voice and commanding all other butts to leave. And I don't care if I just raised my voice to call you into the small kitchen. (Yes, it's a constant battle of "come here and go away". Wonder if I am scarring my children....)
  • I love to cook and bake and the "one butt" kitchen is running out of space. I guess I am a collector of kitchen things. Cabinets are filled, drawers filled and I am running out of places to hide my cooking things!
I don't see this problem getting "fixed" anytime soon. So, I might as well get used to the kitchen and it's smallness!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment