Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weird Winter Weather

This winter has been weird, weather-wise. I 'know' the reason. At the end of the summer, I began praying for a LONG fall....and it seems I got it! We enjoyed nice, unseasonably warm and dry weather through November. We literally went from short-sleeves on the Nov 30th to wind, snow and freezing temps on Dec. 1st.



But wait! it warmed up again and then froze. Warmed up and froze. Like a recent Sunday, it was in the mid-to upper 60s. The following Monday night snow and the temperature dropped to -1 here at the house.

So, here it is the middle of the night. I'm awake because a dear child got up at midnight, woke me up on her way to the bathroom and I could not get back to sleep...So now I'm watching the thermometer hover around 0 again. The forecast for Sunday? 60.

I have begun praying for an early Spring!
 One of the fat robins 'wintering' in my trees...



No comments:

Post a Comment